Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Welcome all!


I had a few requests from people to start a blog about what I was experiencing in school. So here it is folks. Enjoy...or not.

The last year of my life has revolved around 12 hours of class every day followed by 6-7 hours of studying afterwards and at least 3 exams per week. Needless to say it doesnt sound like much of a life. It was the hardest and most trying year of my life but I can't say that it was the worst year. I made some great friends and learned more about medicine than I thought was possible. I also learned a great deal about myself and what I am capable of accomplishing. Some people well tell you to join the military to find out what you are truely made of, I would argue and say go to PA school!

Now that the first year is over we are faced with yet another challenge that seems impossible to overcome: clinicals. Real patients are placed in our inexperienced hands and we are expected to find the correct way to make them better. "You want me to do what?!?" is a question that runs through my mind at least four times a day. Some days the information thrown at us seems impossible to learn and you ask yourself what in the world am I doing this for. Then there's other days, the days when it all seems to click and you help that patient get one more step closer to recovery, and you know exactly why you chose this profession. Those are the moments each and every one of us live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment